async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js" My Enchanting Cottage Garden: My Cottage Garden Tea Roses

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My Cottage Garden Tea Roses

DSC02852 Joseph Swartz Tea rose

I love roses of all types and classifications, but I do admit the antique Tea roses are my favorite. Maybe it is because it is the flower of my childhood. I grew up in Alabama and 1 in 3 homes had a variety of carefree teas growing in the yard. Teas love warm weather and they excelled in the southern climate. When I moved to Las Vegas I was apprehensive to plant my cherished teas but my wants overrode my common sense.  In the two years I have lived in Vegas with my cherished tea roses, they have thrived and outperformed beyond my expectations.  Roses seem to want to grow even in the worst of soil, climate and other perverse conditions. Antique Tea roses are not your average hybrid Tea, they grow bushy and spread and bloom freely and smell divine. They can grow to 6 f or 8 ft. depending on your variety. I have taken some pictures of a few of the teas blooming right now, the temperatures are finally in the manageable 90’s with cooler weather on the way.




Lady Hillingdon Tea rose
Lady Hillingdon Climbing Tea Rose



DSC02856
Safrano Tea Rose 

 
General Schblinski
General Schablikine Tea rose

 
Lady Caroline Testout
Lady Caroline Testout Climbing Rose 

 
DSC02866 DSC02867 DSC02851











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a gardening question.