async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js" My Enchanting Cottage Garden: The Birds and Bees in my Cottage Garden

Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Birds and Bees in my Cottage Garden

DSC02675The Birds have come home to roost but not in the birdhouses I so diligently built this winter, the bees have taken over the birdhouses and are busy making honey.





I think the bees decided to nest here because they were busy all day in the garden and it just made sense to stick close to the “feeding grounds” now all they have to do is fly out the door into the garden which is only 3 feet away then come back home in the afternoon, what could be easier?
DSC02704
I used some old flower vases and a bowl I haven’t used in awhile and glue it together with gorilla glue and then put some bird food in the bowl, and sit this about 2 feet from my front porch rocker, and the birds enjoy the feast but not as much as I enjoy watching the birds.  This I where I have my early morning coffee. Just me and the birds (and bees of course)!
DSC02648
The hummingbirds love the new yard art I made and converted to a feeder, all at peace in their world.  It is true the saying “build it and they will come” just maybe not in the order or place you think or want, but all’s good. I made this feeder using an amber candlehholder, the last of a set of three from Bombay, and an amber antique bowl I’ve had for years. Glued together with Gorilla glue and pour a little hummingbird food in the bowl, and wit back and watch them come!

DSC02717
The bees and hummingbirds love these red roses
DSC02490
Birds and the bees and hummingbirds like the nectar of this small Zebrina Malvas
DSC02651

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a gardening question.